Followers

Tweet Tweet Tweet

follow me on twitter @TheLovelyLocs

Wit reference 2 DOTTiE™

My photo
Oxon Hill, MD, United States

Friday, November 28, 2008

I ponder...™ wtf were you thinking???

I wonder how it feels to know that you are the one that messed up so much for others and then to continue to smile in our faces day to day as if you weren’t to blame. But how could I possibly sit and allow you to mess it up for me and others when I knew and I had a understanding as to what was happening. Maybe I’m just a little to emotional or maybe I’m not… Maybe I should have tried to stop it, but that I did try.... Maybe I'm going too far with this and maybe I'm just dwelling on the past.

Anywho, I just received a text message form my darling friend Walida, it read:"What you spend years creating, others could destroy overnight anyway, if you are honest and sincere people may deceive you be honest and sincere anyway." After I read it over and over I decided to look it up on google, google has everything, and I did my research.

1. The version found written on the wall in Mother Teresa's home for children in Calcutta:

People are often unreasonable, irrational, and self-centered. Forgive them anyway.If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives. Be kind anyway.If you are successful, you will win some unfaithful friends and some genuine enemies. Succeed anyway. If you are honest and sincere people may deceive you. Be honest and sincere anyway. What you spend years creating, others could destroy overnight. Create anyway. If you find serenity and happiness, some may be jealous. Be happy anyway. The good you do today, will often be forgotten. Do good anyway. Give the best you have, and it will never be enough. Give your best anyway. In the final analysis, it is between you and God. It was never between you and them anyway.

-this version is credited to Mother Teresa ____________________________

2. The Original Version: The Paradoxical Commandments by Dr. Kent M. Keith
People are illogical, unreasonable, and self-centered.
Love them anyway.If you do good, people will accuse you of selfish ulterior motives.
Do good anyway.
If you are successful, you win false friends and true enemies.
Succeed anyway.
The good you do today will be forgotten tomorrow.
Do good anyway.
Honesty and frankness make you vulnerable.
Be honest and frank anyway.
The biggest men and women with the biggest ideas can be shot down by the smallest men and women with the smallest minds.
Think big anyway.
People favor underdogs but follow only top dogs.
Fight for a few underdogs anyway.What you spend years building may be destroyed overnight.
Build anyway.People really need help but may attack you if you do help them.
Help people anyway.
Give the world the best you have and you'll get kicked in the teeth.
Give the world the best you have anyway.

© 1968, 2001 Kent M. Keith "The Paradoxical Commandments" were written by Kent M. Keith in 1968 as part of a booklet for student leaders.

I don't really understand whats been going on, with all the drama. I feel like my life ha been put on hold because of this one situation. as I watch the happiness of everyone around me, I'm happy but yet I"m really crying inside. Trying find some type of relief, some how... but then i realize this, this is reality and it only ets realer from here...

i'll just ponder... for NOW!

1 comment:

Reesie Millionaire said...

unfotunately lorraine... in this situation my best advice to you is not to dwell on the past. Often times when we drown our thoughts in what could have been, what should have happened differently, and what we wish would have changed our lives eternally we submerge ourselves into a state of depression and allow outside factors to gain control over our innermost emotions and thoughts. The Paradoxial Commandments was a very good parrallel for you to use, in the sense, that it encourages us to carry on with our lives without taking into damaging effects of negativity, because at the end of the day the only thing that matters is you and your God. Do not allow one individual to monopolize your thoughts, and our depress you. Carry on doing the best you can, sincerely, and I'm sure in more ways that words can explain you will be rewarded.