Followers

Tweet Tweet Tweet

follow me on twitter @TheLovelyLocs

Wit reference 2 DOTTiE™

My photo
Oxon Hill, MD, United States

Monday, May 30, 2011

"Just call this shit hiipower. Nigga nothing less than hi power"


A. Clay hip'd me to this, so I might as well share it with you all.. & don't forget to go and check out his blog... Two Left Feets

"Just call this shit hiipower. Nigga nothing less than hiipower"

According to Killer Hip Hop, HiiPower is Kendrick Lamar's first single from his upcoming project "#Section80". Produced by J. Cole and directed by Fredo Tovar and Scott Fleishman (Download on iTunes). You can check out more of Kendrick Lamar's videos and vlogs on his Youtube Channel at . At the beginning of the video he explains why he's doing this #Section80 project. Kendrick Lamar is listed as #9 on The BIG List: Greatest Rappers Alive Under 30, beating Wale, Wiz Khalifa, Cory Gunz, Meek Mill and Juelz Santana, just to name a few.

"I wrote #Section80 because I was ordered to do so. You'll never understand my life and my world. Have you ever seen a new born baby kill a man? Kendrick Lamar. The very next scene is a visual of me with the eyes of a 6 year old. My mother told me to keep this outtake because it said who I was. An infant looking for answer. Will you forgive me? I don't give a fuck about too much nowadays because of the world. Heart. Honor. Respect. Family. I'll die for that though. Will you forgive me, twice? Probably not. I watch this video and reminisce on that crazy am hour of September 13, 2010. I got a visit from Lesane Parish Crooks. Research this name. I remember being asleep. His image said "Don't let me die." I was paranoid. I said "why"? He said "because you the.....""
- Kendrick Lamar


Check these lyrics.. ------ HiiPower

"..This is physical and mental
I wouldn’t sugar coat it
You’ll die from Diabetes if these other niggas wrote it
And everything on TV just a figment of imagination
I don’t want no plastic nation
Read that like a Hatian
While you muthafckers waiting
I be off the slave ship, building pyramids writing my own hieroglyphs.."


This is about to be something big. Just think, with young artist such as Big K.R.I.T., Nipsey Hussle, Wale, Kirko Bangz, J.Cole, Lupe Fiasco, Cory Gunz, Big Sean, B.o.B., and so many others we're in for a real treat. They are all about to give us something we've been waiting for, something we've needed for the past decade; GOOD MUSIC.

Now.... here's the video. Tell me what you think.

Kendrick Lamar 'HiiiPOWER'





...Checking Out...


No comments: