Followers

Tweet Tweet Tweet

follow me on twitter @TheLovelyLocs

Wit reference 2 DOTTiE™

My photo
Oxon Hill, MD, United States

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Quote/History Of The Day!!

I think that I'll start doing my Daily Quotes.... It seems like that'll be something that will not only help me get through the day but it might just help someone else. And it's always good to help out another person. Not only will I just do "Quote of The Day" but I'll also share a description about the person who shared their own thoughts with the world.

"Quote of The Day":
"I believe in me more than anything in this world"
- Wilma Rudolph

"History of The Day"
Wilma Glodean Rudolph
June 23, 1940 - November 12, 1994
An American Athlete.

  1. She became a track star, going to her first Olympic Games in 1956 at age 16. She won a bronze medal in the 4x4 relay.
  2. On September 7th, 1960, in Rome, she became the first American woman to win three gold medals in the Olympics.
  3. In the year 1997, the Governor proclaimed June 23 a Wilma Rudolph Day in Tennessee.
With that shared, it is off to bed for me. I hope that you learned or gained something from this blog. Have a Great Morning. and GOODNIGHT!

Biography from "Women In History"
Biography from "Wilma Rudolph"


All Done = D

No comments: